Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Personalities

Okay So turns out I have multiple personalities... kind of.  I am polite when with husbands work personnel (this is akin to 'on your best behaviour' when I was a kid), I am outgoing with my friends, I am bland when meeting other mommies, and surface friendly when meeting other peoples friends... Facebook has ruined this for me... I have friends on my page who are work colleagues, high school friends, high school aged cousins, real friends and people whose lives I like to spy on.  I don't want all these people to know every aspect of my life, and changing every comment to appeal to a certain audience is not going to happen.  So I have created an alternate alias that is unknown to anyone except me, my husband, and sister (who opened the alias with me to spy on people).
  This way I can buy things, post comments on dangerous topics without feeling like my friends will hate me, and barter with people who work for my husband without them knowing that they are essentially selling to their boss :) I understand that I should supposedly be ok with who I am and if my friends don't like me fine.  However I am a strong, opinionated, intelligent, and well educated (despite the lack of English language abilities) woman and my friends are the same.  I am fine with me but I prefer to not offend people, or get into confrontations with people that will never end well.  I absolutely understand people have their own opinions, beliefs or choices... I Totally object to people that won't allow a difference of opinion, belief, or choice to exist.  I am pro choice, I have no religion and can't fathom believing in an almighty God or that there is only one... But those topics have a lot of very strong arguments for all sides and if a person can't say.. "well I don't agree but that's okay"  Then I would rather avoid the conflict altogether....  So I refrain from giving my opinion in a lot of matters which I feel strongly about because of the damn ticker that will rat on me to my family members, or mother friends who thinks its fine to drink during play group...

No comments:

Post a Comment