Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Gardening?

I think I need to garden properly this year... I have had some sort of garden with veggies or herbs for at least 5 yrs except last year, we paid for sod in or back yard (long story) and I didn't plan a place for a garden and didn't want to rip up sod!!  so I have garden beds along both sides of my house, one is vacant but fairly shady and one is planted with various plants and  roses... I am hoping I can come up with veggies that will grow in the shady location and in and around the other plants and roses... Also I have a super hot front entrance to my house that I should be able to grow tomatoes and strawberries in IF the deer don't eat them... 
Anyone have any ideas?  Every time I try to look it up I get overwhelmed.  I need some one to make me a schedule of what to plant what weeks and where!  If nothing else I should be able to do potatoes, and peas and beans...  I am going to have to go outside during the day and see how much sun the other side of the house gets I guess.

Okay well here's to growing my own food on my own property.
My other option is to 'borrow' property from my mom but I haven't asked her yet..

No comments:

Post a Comment